We have been serving the Twin Cities area since January 2006. Our head upholsterer, Mariana, has been in the upholstery industry for over 40 years. She has worked with major designers in Dallas, TX, Fort Wayne, IN & here in the Twin Cities. We are a family operated business, and would like to explain our process.
*CUSTOMER SUPPLIED FABRIC Cutting Fee - add $25 per yard on all orders. 6 YARDS NEEDED = $150
1. Set up your "No Obligation" Appointment, by calling in or submit your online request. Online requests = faster responses as noted on the online request form.
2. Estimate Approval - Pay deposit and schedule a time for us to come and pick up your piece of furniture or delivery by customer.
3. Deposit paid secures your project on our workroom schedule. At this time we order fabric & supplies. All project measurements & repairs to be confirmed. Any changes would be adjusted on final invoice.
4. Due to fabric & supply delays you will be called to schedule pick up by TCU or delivery by customer. Any date changes due to delays of receipt of fabric, supplies or staffing will be at our discretion. Please plan accordingly for your project completion date.
4. PROCESS - Stripping of furniture. Stripping means we will remove existing fabric, down to the frame. Includes any nails or staples. We never reupholster over existing fabric!
5. After STRIPPING of furniture we will confirm spring system or any frame issues. These are repairs that we cannot see in photos. Any repairs or replacement of parts will be added to final invoice.
6. CUTTING Process means we will start cutting your selected fabric for you furniture. If you have selected a solid fabric these are considered Non-directional and can usually be placed at our discretion. With a PRINT fabric we must consider placement which can require additional fabric. This has been noted on your estimate.
7. Your project is now on the way to completion at the point of fabric placement.
8. Once your project is completed we will confirm fabric placement and craftsmanship.
9. You will now be in place for a call to schedule delivery or pick up by you. Expect delivery dates at this time due to staffing.
Fabric & Supplies DELAY notice! Staffing, scheduling and receipt of fabric & supplies is longer than normal. We are receiving some fabrics in 28 - 35 business days. This has an impact on scheduling of your project. Please plan accordingly when approving your estimate!
We are a three generation and woman owned shop. (Crystal Keenum, Gina Mejia, & Mariana Martinez)
Over the years of being in this industry, we have come across many customers who just aren't sure about reupholstering their antique chair they received as a wedding gift 30 years ago. For this kind of customer we suggest to them if their chair has sentimental value and is a good quality chair then it's a great idea to get it updated to fit nicely with
their, maybe, more current furniture.
First and foremost, you want to consider whether your piece of furniture has a good frame, is the frame still tight after all those years of use? If the answer is yes, then your piece of furniture would be a great candidate for reupholstery. Back in "the good old days" furniture was built with better quality and materials and all together better workmanship. Today, many of the furniture manufacturer's have had to lower their costs to produce the pieces of furniture to keep up with their competition, so you aren't receiving quality that you would have received 30 years ago.
Another good question to ask yourself would be, does it fit in with your current decor? As upholsterers, we will be able to suggest changes in style to make your living area more modern. We also make sure that all the wood joints are tightened, and any piece of wood on your furniture is touched up to match the new feel of your piece of furniture.
We have had quite a few customers ask us, if we have come across older pieces of furniture because the furniture of today is so oversized and just doesn't fit in with their decor. Yes, we do have antique pieces of furniture for sale. We have quite a few pieces of furniture on our "For Sale" page, but we also have more in our warehouse, that has been stripped down and is waiting for you to come and rescue it.
Finally, if you have decided after reading this, that your piece of furniture needs reupholstering, give us a call. We will come out to your home and give you a no obligation estimate, we offer fabric samples and pick up and delivery.