We have been serving the Twin Cities area since January 2006. Our head upholsterer, Mariana, has been in the upholstery industry for over 40 years. She has worked with major designers in Dallas, TX, Fort Wayne, IN & here in the Twin Cities. We are a family operated business, and would like to show you what we are all about.
*Please keep in mind our Cutting Fee - Customer supplied fabric add $25 per yard on all orders
1. Set up your "No Obligation" Appointment, by calling in or e-mailing.
2. Pay deposit and schedule a time for us to come and pick up your piece of furniture.
3. Once deposit is paid, we order all supplies (fabric, springs, decorative nails, etc.)
4. Depending on the project, we will then start stripping the fabric off, down to the frame. Removing all nails, staples and all of the old supplies that were first used.
5. Once we are down to the frame, we check to make sure that all loose springs & legs are tightened. We also make sure that any other part of your piece of furniture that may need some extra attention is checked, as well.
6. Once we receive fabric, we will then start cutting according to the project.
7. Once all the pieces are cut out, then we will upholster according to your project.
8. Once finished we have your piece of furniture go through a rigorous checklist, to make sure that everything is in place and all loose strings are clipped and it is perfect. Each piece is different, for example, dining room chairs we will touch up the wood, just an added touch that will get you that look you are looking for.
9. We will call you and set up a delivery time to get you your piece of furniture delivered.
Upon approval & deposit paid of your order please allow 14 - 16 business days for receipt of fabric for your order. Out of state add 5 business days. Keep in mind that due to work that we have coming in and the high quality and service that we provide, we may be four to six weeks time frame for pick ups, once fabric is received. So, from the time that we have our appointment with you, we are scheduling all pickups a week or two after.
We are a three generation and woman owned shop. (Crystal Keenum, Gina Mejia, & Mariana Martinez)
Over the years of being in this industry, we have come across many customers who just aren't sure about reupholstering their antique chair they received as a wedding gift 30 years ago. For this kind of customer we suggest to them if their chair has sentimental value and is a good quality chair then it's a great idea to get it updated to fit nicely with
their, maybe, more current furniture.
First and foremost, you want to consider whether your piece of furniture has a good frame, is the frame still tight after all those years of use? If the answer is yes, then your piece of furniture would be a great candidate for reupholstery. Back in "the good old days" furniture was built with better quality and materials and all together better workmanship. Today, many of the furniture manufacturer's have had to lower their costs to produce the pieces of furniture to keep up with their competition, so you aren't receiving quality that you would have received 30 years ago.
Another good question to ask yourself would be, does it fit in with your current decor? As upholsterers, we will be able to suggest changes in style to make your living area more modern. We also make sure that all the wood joints are tightened, and any piece of wood on your furniture is touched up to match the new feel of your piece of furniture.
We have had quite a few customers ask us, if we have come across older pieces of furniture because the furniture of today is so oversized and just doesn't fit in with their decor. Yes, we do have antique pieces of furniture for sale. We have quite a few pieces of furniture on our "For Sale" page, but we also have more in our warehouse, that has been stripped down and is waiting for you to come and rescue it.
Finally, if you have decided after reading this, that your piece of furniture needs reupholstering, give us a call. We will come out to your home and give you a no obligation estimate, we offer fabric samples and pick up and delivery.